Spinach Cobb Salad with Sweet Smoky Bacon Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Spinach Cobb Salad:
- 10 oz. package baby spinach
- 1 C. halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe, peeled, and diced avocados
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 6-8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 5 oz. feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
For the Smoky Bacon Balsamic Vinaigrette:
In a small bowl add the Smoky Bacon Olive Oil. Slowly add the Honey Balsamic Vinegar, whisking continuously. Add Dijon mustard, honey, black pepper, and shallots and whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
On a large plate place spinach down first, then layer all other ingredients. I like to do it in rows like a traditional Cobb Salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove