Spring Greens with Strawberries & Walnuts
- 1 lb Spring Mix salad greens
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced
- ½ lb large fresh Strawberries cut lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
- ¼ C coarsely chopped Walnuts
- Optional ½ cup crumbled Blue Cheese or Goat Cheese.
- The Olive Tap’s Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar or Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- Mild to medium Olive Tap 100% EVOO like Arbequina, or Mia’s Blend
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Arrange Greens and onion on a chilled salad plate. Fan out 2 or 3 sliced Strawberries per plate and top with a sprinkle of walnuts and optionally some crumbled cheese.
Drizzle Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top in a 1 to 2 ratio (1 part Balsamic to 2 parts Oil.). Top with a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper and serve.
Jean, Long Grove