Spring Mix Salad with Black Currant Vinaigrette
- 8 C. spring mix, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb. feta or aged goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 C. walnuts or pan-toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 mandarin orange or tangerine, peeled and separated into sections
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. dried mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prepare salad greens, cheese, nuts, onion and orange by arranging on plates.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk vinegar, black pepper and dried mustard together in a small bowl. Add the EVOO in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad and serve immediately.