Strawberry and Black Olive Salad with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
We adapted this unique salad recipe from Kelly Donlea’s Cookbook, 30 Spectacular Salads, using one of our popular summer vinaigrettes, Sweet Basil.
- 4 one-inch thick slices of day-old Italian bread, cut into cubes
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 C. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C. strawberries, diced
- 1/2 C. black olives, sliced
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash garlic into oil in a large bowl. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on baking sheet and toast for 4 minutes. Prepare vinaigrette below. Toss lettuce with bread croutons, strawberries, olives and dressing. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
In a bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and pepper. Slowly add the oil and whisk until emulsified.
from Kelly Donlea’s Cookbook, 30 Spectacular Salads