Strawberry and Black Olive Salad with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 one-inch thick slices of day-old Italian bread, cut into cubes
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 C. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C. strawberries, diced
- 1/2 C. black olives, sliced
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash garlic into oil in a large bowl. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on baking sheet and toast for 4 minutes. Prepare vinaigrette below. Toss lettuce with bread croutons, strawberries, olives and dressing. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
In a bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and pepper. Slowly add the oil and whisk until emulsified.
from Kelly Donlea’s Cookbook, 30 Spectacular Salads