Strawberry Wedge Salad With Strawberry Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
A Classic salad with an Olive Tap twist! Crisp Iceberg Lettuce Wedges topped with strawberries, bacon, pecans and cheese...dressed with a delicious Strawberry Honey vinaigrette!
- 1 Head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 C. fresh strawberries, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 6 Slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 C. chopped, fresh green onion
- 4 oz. Crumbled feta cheese (or goat or blue cheese if you prefer)
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- 1 T. honey
- 4 T. The Olive Tap’s Koroneiki or your favorite Olive Tap 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk together the Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and honey. Slowly add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a slow, steady stream and continue whisking to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
Core the lettuce and cut it into quarters through where the core was. Place a wedge on each of the chilled salad plates. Top each lettuce wedge with chopped strawberries, crumbled bacon, chopped green onion, crumbled feta, and chopped pecans. Drizzle the Strawberry Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette over each wedge and serve.