Surprise Watermelon Cubes
A refreshingly delicious summer treat!
- 1 Small Watermelon or 4-5 slices of a standard Watermelon, 1 1/2” slices
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Aceto Balsamico di Modena, Riserva
- Lime Juice, freshly squeezed from 1/2 of Lime
- 3 oz. Feta, cubed in 1/4” squares (optional)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Slice watermelon into approximately 1 1/2” slices and remove rind. Further slice melon into 1 1/2” cubes. With a small melon-baller, scoop out a small cavity in each melon cube, leaving at least 1/2 inch at the bottom to prevent leakage. On a decorative platter, sprinkle chopped walnuts (optional) and then arrange the melon cubes on the platter with the cavity facing upward. Take 1 cube of Feta and insert it into the melon cavity (optional). Using an eye dropper, small spoon or vinegar pourer, fill each cup with Aceto Balsamico di Modena, Riserva. Squeeze melon cubes with lime juice and serve immediately.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Jean