Sweet Citrus Brown Sugar Chicken
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil (for marinade)
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Orange White Riserva Balsamic Vinegar (for marinade)
- 2 C. flour
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. paprika
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil (for browning)
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 1/4 C. chicken broth
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Orange White Riserva Balsamic Vinegar (to mix with broth)
- 2 lemons, sliced paper-thin
In a small bowl, add 1/2 C. of the Sorrento Lemon Oil. In the small bowl, slowly add (whisking constantly), the Orange White Balsamic Vinegar until emulsified. Place the boneless chicken breasts in a large heavy-duty zip-top bag. Pour the oil/vinegar marinade over the chicken and seal the bag. Handle the sealed bag a few times to mix the chicken and marinade. Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
Drain chicken thoroughly and lightly pat dry. In a clean, large heavy-duty, zip-top bag, combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper. Put 2 pieces of chicken into bag at a time and shake, coating completely.
Heat Sorrento Lemon Olive Oil in a frying pan and sauté chicken pieces a few at a time, until browned. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large, shallow baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and top with lemon zest. Mix chicken broth and 1 T. Orange White Balsamic Vinegar together; carefully pour the broth/vinegar mixture around the chicken. Top each piece of chicken with a lemon slice. Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes. Serve with wild rice and your favorite oven roasted or steamed vegetables.
Original Recipe Developed by L. Kunze for The Olive Tap, Downers Grove