Tropical Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 T. salt
- 1 C. The Olive Tap’s Coconut Mango White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 C. finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 C. chopped cilantro
- 1 C. cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 avocado cut into 1/2 inch chunks
In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 T. salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute to 2 minutes maximum, depending on size of shrimp. Drain the shrimp and cut each piece of shrimp in half. Place shrimp in a glass bowl and mix in Coconut Mango Balsamic Vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour. Mix in the chopped red onion and Serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional half hour. Right before serving, add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado.
Recipe courtesy of The Olive Tap Delray Beach, Florida.