Truffled Stuffed Mushrooms
Try this for a quick and easy appetizer…the truffle makes it!
- 12 medium to large white mushrooms (Baby Bellas would work as well)
- 1 jar The Olive Tap’s Truffled Artichoke Tapenade
- 4 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 slices prosciutto, diced
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (your favorite)
- 2 T. fresh chopped chives
- 1-2 t. The Olive Tap’s White Truffle Olive Oil (if you don’t want a stronger truffle taste, the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil would be great as well)
Preheat oven to 350
To prep mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and take off stem. Spread 1 T. EVOO all over roasting pan and set mushrooms top down.
In a bowl mix together tapenade, goat or cream cheese, and pinch of salt until thorougly combined. Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture…not packed too tightly. Bake at 350 for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden.
In the meantime crisp up prosciutto in 1 T. of EVOO in a saute pan.
When mushrooms are done baking sprinkle with prosciutto bits, chives, and drizzle with White Truffle Olive Oil.
Many of our tapenades would be great in this recipe…be creative!
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove