Tuscan Pot Roast
Comfort food at it’s best with a Tuscan flair….delicious!
- 3-4 T. The Olive Tap’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 4lb. beef chuck roast
- ½ C. red wine or beef stock
- ½ C. water
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3-4 diced yellow potatoes
- 1 C. mini carrots
- 1 ½ C. sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 28oz. can of crushed tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
- 1 t. crushed garlic (in jar) or a few cloves of crushed garlic
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
I like to use a heavy bottom pot with a tight cover like a Le Creuset or Staub cast iron pot. Heat Oil in pot. Rub salt and pepper on each side of beef and add it to the oil. Heat for about 2 minutes per side. Combine wine (or beef stock), water and Worcestershire in a cup and pour over beef. Add garlic to tomatoes and add to pot. Keep heat low. Add potatoes, carrots, shallot and mushrooms on top and around meat. Cover pot and cook for 3-4 hours basting every 45 minutes with the liquid in the pot. You can always add more liquid if meat is absorbing too much too fast. Beef should be very tender when done.
You can also put the pot in the oven at 250-300 degrees for 2-3 hours if you don’t want to cook on stove.
An Olive Tap Original by Bonnie Bock