Delicious Lentils and Greens
- 1 C. green lentils (sometimes called French Lentils)
- 1 Pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Very large bunch of spinach (arugula or other green may be used in place of spinach)
- Chopped fresh oregano to taste
- Kalamata olives
- The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and Gourmet Grind Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ C. The Olive Tap’s Fig Balsamic Vinegar, or Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality
Rinse the lentils and place in a medium cooking pan. Add water to cover the lentils to about 1 inch above the top of the lentils. Bring to a boil, stir once, and reduce the heat to simmer. Loosely cover the pan and stir occasionally…cook for about 18 – 20 minutes or until tender. When the lentils have about 3 -4 minutes left to cook (you will be able to tell by testing for doneness) add the spinach and let it steam in the pan with the lentils.
When finished, remove from the heat and add rest of ingredients, toss together with the balsamic vinegar at the very end and enjoy!
An Olive Tap Original by Carol D’Anca, MS, CNS, LDN
Carol D’Anca is an Integrative Nutritionist with more than 20 years experience at three of the top healthcare companies in the world. She combines scientific and fact based research with practical application for improving clients’ nutritional status. Visit Carol’s website: