Chef Katie’s Pita Pizzas
A Mediterranean-style appetizer brimming with savory toppings!
- The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 T. The Olive Tap’s Vincotto Originale
- 4 pita rounds
- 1 can diced Carmelina Tomatoes
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 C. sliced black olives
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat a sauté pan with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the red onions and cook until caramelized. Add the Vincotto and sauté until absorbed by the onions.
Brush the pita with more of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Spread the chopped tomatoes on the pita, and top with caramelized onions, black olives, and Feta cheese. Season with black pepper to taste.
Place the pitas on a sheet pan, and place in the oven for about 6 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Courtesy of Chef Katie Wojciechowski and Fuller’s Second Floor