Classic Bruschetta Featuring Olio Nuovo
This is a classic Bruschetta featuring our Olio Nuovo freshly pressed olive oil which is released every fall. It's grassy, fresh, and delicious, and perfect to top this dish!
- 1 baguette (sliced, brushed with Olio Nuovo and toasted)
- 4 T. The Olive Tap’s Olio Nuovo 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 T. for Brushing)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large, fresh ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/2—2 T. freshly chopped basil leaves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Prepare bread as indicated above and set aside on a platter. In a medium bowl, add minced garlic, chopped tomatoes, basil, and 2 T. Olio Nuovo, stir gently. Spoon the mixture on to the toasted bread and top with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Rick