White Bean and Kale Soup
- 2 Tablespoons The Olive Tap’s Rosemary Olive Oil (or your favorite 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15 oz) cans great northern beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped Kale (or escarole)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, optional
Heat olive oil in a 5 quart pot over medium-low heat. Add onion; sauté for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and continue cooking for an additional minute. Add beans, broth and tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and simmer about 15 minutes. Add in the chopped kale and continue simmering until kale is wilted. If needed, adjust seasoning to taste.
Top each serving with Parmesan cheese and if desired, a little Rosemary or Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle – Olio Nuovo is a great choice to drizzle over this soup.
Recipe adaptation by Rick