Chef Pat’s Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Fresh Corn Relish
4| Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 8 Roma Tomatoes, tops removed, quartered
- 3/4 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Dried Basil
- 1 1/2 t. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic, peeled and with stem end removed
- The Olive Tap’s Basil Agrumato Olive Oil (enough to cover all of the garlic cloves)
- Tomatoes you prepared earlier, diced
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- The Olive Tap’s Basil Agrumato Olive Oil
- The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and Gourmet Grind Black Pepper
- 2 T. fresh basil, minced
Here are the step-by-step instructions for this delicious pan roasted chicken breasts recipe!
Once the tomatoes are quartered, combine the tomatoes, 3/4 cup olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper and allow them to marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Saving the marinating liquid, remove the quartered tomatoes and lay on a wire baking rack placed inside a sheet pan. Dry the tomatoes in the oven for 2 to 4 hours or until they are dehydrated. Once the tomatoes are dehydrated, remove from the oven and place back into marinating liquid. Place in the fridge in an airtight container.
In a small saucepan with high sides, heat the garlic and basil olive oil together. Keep the heat at the lowest setting; cook for one to two hours or until the garlic cloves are browned and mash easily. Pour entire contents of the saucepan into a sealable container. Allow to cool until the oil is solidified.
Fresh Corn Relish:
Remove the corn kernels from the cob. Heat in a sauté pan. Whisk the basil oil into corn and cook for about one minute. Dice then add the tomatoes and garlic confit to the pan. Cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Pan Roasted Chicken:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Sear the breasts until golden brown on both sides. Place the breasts in an oven safe pan and finish in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Once the chicken is done allow to rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes.
On the Plates:
Slice the pan roasted chicken breasts into strips. Top with the warm relish and finish with the minced fresh basil.
Serves four people.
Pat & Mario
Courtesy of Pat McCoy and Fuller’s Second Floor