Citrus Marinated Grilled Prawns with Watermelon, Asparagus and Avocado
A healthy, flavorful, colorful and unique combination of ingredients and textures! Be sure to check out this recipe! An Olive Tap Recipe Contest Winner!
- 24 8-10 count raw shrimp
- 20 stalks fresh asparagus
- 2 avocados
- 1 large red sweet pepper, roasted, peeled
- 24 large chunks fresh cut seedless watermelon
- 1 small orange
- 2 limes, one for juicing, one cut into quarters
- 2 TBL Olive Tap Castile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBL fresh mint, chopped finely
- 4 leafs of romaine lettuce
- Sliced, roasted almonds
- Olive Tap Persian Lime Olive Oil
- Olive Tap Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality
For marinade, rasp the skin of 1 of the limes and squeeze the juice from it. Juice the orange. To that, add the olive oil, mint and garlic. Marinade the shrimp for 2-3 hours in a zip lock bag. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Then rinse in a cold water shock.
Prepare grill for direct heat. Grill asparagus for a few minutes until cooked but not soggy. Move asparagus off to the side of grill. Skewer the shrimp and grill them for 3 minutes a side or until pink and cooked through. Place a leaf of lettuce on each plate, and arrange the shrimp, avocado, watermelon, peppers and asparagus, in even portions, on each plate. Drizzle the lime oil and balsamic lightly over the top of everything on the plate. Place a wedge of lime on each plate. Top with the sliced almonds.
An Original Recipe by Kevin Kilgore, Illinois
Recipe Contest Winner: 2nd Place Entree