Grilled Salmon Salad with Hoisin Tangerine Glaze
- 2 lbs. fresh, skinned, boned salmon, cut into 4-8 oz portions
- 8-10 C. mixed mesclun spring greens
- 1 Large avocado, cut into chunks
- 4 Large mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Slices of red onion
- 4 Cherry sport peppers, seeded and cut up
- 4 Slices of pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 C. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar, plus 4 T.
- 12 T. The Olive Tap’s Spanish Gold 100% EVOO
- Salt and pepper
Prepare grill for direct heat. Mix the hoisin sauce with the 1/4 cup of Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar, brush some on the salmon. Grill, glaze side up for 4-5 minutes over medium high heat. Flip and glaze the other side. Cook 4-5 more minutes. Remove and flip over again and lightly glaze once more.
While fish is on the grill, prepare salad in 4 bowls with the greens, avocado, mushrooms, onion, peppers and pineapple making sure all 4 salads have equal portions of each ingredient. Drizzle 3 T. of olive oil and 1 T. of the remaining balsamic vinegar over each of the salads. Toss gently to mix in the dressing. Crack pepper over top, if desired, with a dash of sea salt. Top with croutons. Place a piece of fish on top of each salad.
An Original Recipe by Kevin Kilgore, Illinois
Recipe Contest Winner: 2nd Place Salads