Easy Salad Skewers with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 1 – 9 oz. package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 – 8 oz. package sugar snap peas**
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can black olives
- Small wooden skewers
**Try artichoke hearts as a substitute…equally as good!
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T. chopped fresh dill
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Garlic Champagne Mustard
- 2 Pressed garlic cloves
- 2 t. honey
- 1 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the Lemon Dill Vinaigrette:
Whisk together balsamic vinegar, fresh dill, mustard, garlic, and honey. Add in the olive oil whisking constantly until thoroughly combined. Whisk in salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
To assemble the Salad Skewers:
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water, and set aside. Drain canned olives and set aside.
Thread each skewer with one sugar snap pea (cut in half if needed), one tortellini, one tomato and one black olive. Place salad skewers in a baking dish or on a sheet pan. Pour vinaigrette over salad skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours. Transfer salad skewers to a serving platter and enjoy!
An Original Olive Tap Recipe Adaptation from Southern Living Magazine by Melanie, Long Grove