Spinach Pear and Pomegranate Salad
• 9 Ounces Baby Spinach Leaves
• 2 Ripe Pears
• 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
• 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Arils (or substitute dried cranberries)
• 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
• 1/4 Cup The Olive Tap’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
• 1/4 Cup The Olive Tap’s Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
• Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Whisk together the Blood Orange Olive Oil and Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar in a small bowl until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss together the spinach leaves, crumbled feta cheese and pomegranates arils in a large bowl.
Remove the core from the pears and thinly slice, leaving skin on. Sliced pears will brown quickly, so spritz with a little lemon juice if not serving right away. Layer the pear slices into the mixed salad and drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette . Gently toss the salad (top with walnuts or pecans if desired) and serve right away. Enjoy!
Recipe by Angie, Colorado Springs