Szechuan Spicy Grilled Shrimp – Recipe Contest Finalist
Spicy, and sweet, this shrimp dish is sure to please!
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Hot Pepper Olive Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. Asian chile paste
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Whisk together the Hot Pepper Olive Oil, Sesame Oil, parsley, minced garlic, ketchup, chile sauce, salt, pepper, and Peach Balsamic Vinegar in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling. Place the shrimp in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
An Original Recipe by Trisha Kruse, The Olive Tap Recipe Contest Finalist