Linguini with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Sauce
- 8 to 12 oz. egg or other dried pasta
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Garlic-Basil Olive Oil
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, shaved into thin pieces
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Premium White Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 oz. goat cheese, broken up into pieces
- 3 oz. prosciutto, fat trimmed, diced
- Fresh ground The Olive Tap’s 5 Peppercorn Blend or Telicherry Peppercorns
- Freshly grated Pecorino, Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T. of finely chopped curly parsley
Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of salt once it begins to boil. When it returns to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to directions.
In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and gently fry the shallots for 1 minute. Add the garlic, and continue to fry until soft but not browned. Add the broth, vinegar and cheese and mix well until the cheese has melted completely. Add the Prosciutto and pepper to taste.
Toss the pasta with the sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley and serve immediately.