Mixed Green Salad with Fresh Pears
A perfect end of summer, or fall salad using our Pear Balsamic Vinegar. A little cinnamon gives this salad the perfect kick!
- 4 C. spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, largely diced, or grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- ½ C. thin sliced red onion
- 1 C. or 1 freshly ripened pear, peeled & diced
- Freshly grated Asiago or Fontinella, to taste
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional garnish)
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (your favorite)
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper and Dijon mustard until completely blended. Slowly add the Olive Oil, whisking constantly until completely incorporated. May be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Arrange the greens on a serving plate, and add the tomato and onion. Top with freshly grated cheese, then place a scoop of diced pears on top of the salad. Chill until ready to serve.
When ready to serve: Shake or whisk the vinaigrette and pour 2 or 3 tablespoons over the pears and greens. Sprinkle salad with a pinch of cinnamon, if desired.