- 6 cups of day old Italian bread, torn into bite size pieces.6 cups of day old Italian bread, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil to bake the bread
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Ripe medium Tomatoes, heirloom if you can find them. Cut into bite sized pieces, juice reserved
- 1 small to medium Red Onion peeled, sliced then chopped coarse
- 10 fresh Basil leaves sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 C. pitted and sliced Green Cerignola, Castelvetrana or other olives
- 1 C. small sized fresh mozzarella balls
*Also delicious with Aceto 4 Balsamico di Modena
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the bread with 1/3 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Lay the bread onto a large shallow baking sheet and toast until just golden, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and the Sicilian Lemon or Aceto 4 Balsamic Vinegar.
Gently combine the bread, tomatoes with juice, onion, basil, olives and mozzarella. Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for a few minutes then serve.
Recipe by Rick