Sun-Dried Tomato, Feta & Pine Nut Salad
A delicious salad fancy enough to entertain with and easy enough to make for yourself for lunch. Try adding grilled chicken strips to make a meal out of it. Serve with your very own balsamic vinaigrette or one of our listed vinaigrette recipes.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread, cubed
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 t. seasoned salt (Seasonello Herbal Sea Salt is excellent)
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 C. pine nuts
- 1 C. sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 (16 oz) packages of mixed salad greens
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat broiler. Toss 3 cups of the cubed Italian bread with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread out in a single layer in a well oiled baking sheet. Broil until toasted, turning to brown evenly. Set aside to cool.
Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet, place on bottom rack of oven, and toast under broiler. This should only take a few minutes, so watch them carefully to prevent burning. Set aside to cool.
Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain and chop. In a large salad bowl, toss mixed greens with green onions. Top with croutons, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and feta. Toss with your favorite Olive Tap Perfect Pairing vinaigrette and serve immediately.