Very Berry Spinach Salad
Baby spinach topped with fresh berries and a "very berry" vinaigrette.
- 3 C. baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or blueberries
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 C. finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% EVOO (Mission or other light EVOO)
- 3-4 T. The Olive Tap’s Very Berry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk vinegar and salt/pepper in a small bowl. Add the EVOO in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified. Adjust vinegar and oil ratio to your taste and set aside. Arrange spinach and onion on 4 chilled salad plates. Top spinach with crumbled feta, tomatoes and berries. When ready to serve, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salads. Top with walnuts or additional feta cheese, if desired.
Recipe Adaptation by The Olive Tap