Watermelon Basil Salad
- Small seedless watermelon, chopped in cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (you can use a variety here…I have used Campari, farmers market big red juicy ones and even small cherry ones from my garden—your pick!)
- Fresh basil, chopped—for me the basil is the lettuce of the salad, so there is never “too much”, but you can adjust your quantity
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese cubed small, or the little tiny balls are the best.
- 1/2 red onion onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C. fresh mint leaves
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss all chopped ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
Whisk together the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Aceto 4 Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate small bowl and pour over salad and give it a good mix. Taste and adjust according to your tastes.
Another alternative that tastes divine—try goat cheese instead of buffalo mozzarella. The goat cheese sort of melts in the toss giving the salad a slightly creamier dressing.
An Olive Tap Customer Original Recipe by Monika (http://pursebop.blogspot.com/)